Nine fully-furnished single bedroom cottages contain full kitchens, full bathrooms, living rooms, washer/dryer units, and screened in porches. Airstream campers and custom tiny homes offer unique ways to stay. Lodging is available at daily, weekly, and monthly rates for both in season and off season times of year.
Black Prong provides both long term and short term options
All Long Term RV Pads have cobblestone pavers inlayed with a cookout area and ample space for your truck and golf cart. All have electric pedestals with 30 & 50 amp full-service hook ups. Short Term RV pads are situated on level grass footing and are located near the pavilion and pool area.
Black Prong is the perfect place for your equine athletes
The Black Prong Property has permanent stabling options across the property that is both attached and detached from our cottages. All stalls are 12′ x 12′ and have solid clay bases with mats, sliding stall doors with windows and a rubber paver isle way.
Enjoy breakfast and lunch at the Galloping Gourmet outdoor cafe, and signature cocktails and lite bites at the Black Prong Bar & Grill.
Explore the Goethe State Forest
Step into an authentic natural Florida landscape when you enter the Goethe State Forest. Made up of longleaf pine flatwoods and swamp basins, this 53,587-acre forest preserves the habitats of many rare wildlife species.
With three direct access points from the Black Prong property, our guests can enjoy picnicking, hiking, bicycling, fishing, wildlife viewing, and equestrian activities in the Goethe Forest.
The Goethe is open during daylight hours and provides hundreds of miles of roads and trails to explore.
Grocery Shopping for your Stay
There are several grocery stores nearby where you can shop, or order delivery to Black Prong.
In-Store Shopping or Delivery
Winn-Dixie in Willison is the closest grocery store for in-store shopping. This Winn-Dixie also contains a pharmacy and wine and spirits.
There is a Kroger Distribution Center nearby that provides local grocery delivery to Black Prong for $9.95.
Amazon Prime members can take advantage of grocery delivery from Whole Foods through their Amazon account.
Enjoy the amenities of Black Prong without booking a stay! Community Passes are offered seasonally from May – October.
Whether you want some time to yourself or to bring the whole family, come enjoy our resort amenities! You can enjoy the pool for just a day or get a Month or Season Pass to use all the amenities as much as you want!
- 53,000 acres with 100+ miles of trails in Goethe State Forest immediately adjacent to Black Prong
- Homestead Park (18 minutes)
- HITS Ocala (23 minutes)
- World Equestrian Center (34 minutes)
- Blue Grotto (12 minutes)
- Devil’s Den Prehistoric Spring (18 minutes)
- Cedar Lakes Woods & Gardens (19 minutes)
- Cedar Key (45 minutes)
- Crystal River (45 minutes)
- Kirby Family Farm (16 minutes)
- Levy County Quilt Museum (23 minutes)
- Hooked Up Charters (45 minutes)
- Pure Water Wilderness (32 minutes)
- La Chua Trail at Paynes Prairie (47 minutes)
- Big Cypress Tree Hike in the Goethe (23 minutes)
- Sweetwater Wetland Park (39 minutes)
- Rainbow River & Springs (36 minutes)
- Historic Haile Homestead at Kanapaha Plantation in Gainesville (34 minutes)
- Kanapaha Botanical Gardens in Gainesville (39 minutes)
- Morningside Nature Center in Gainesville (46 minutes)
- Devil’s Millhopper Nature Trail in Gainesville (49 minutes)
- World’s Largest Occupied Bat Houses at UF Gainesville (45 minutes)
- Carson Springs Wildlife Conservation Foundation (1 hour)
- Peacock Springs (1.5 hours)
- Butterfly Rainforest (43 minutes)
- Zip the Canyons (36 minutes)
- Two Tails Ranch (24 minutes)