Visit Black Prong
Nine fully-furnished single bedroom cottages contain full kitchens, full bathrooms, living rooms, washer/dryer units, and screened in porches. Airstream campers and custom tiny homes offer unique ways to stay. Lodging is available at daily, weekly, and monthly rates for both in season and off season times of year.
Black Prong provides both long term and short term options
All Long Term RV Pads have cobblestone pavers inlayed with a cookout area and ample space for your truck and golf cart. All have electric pedestals with 30 & 50 amp full-service hook ups. Short Term RV pads are situated on level grass footing and are located near the pavilion and pool area.
Black Prong is the perfect place for your equine athletes
The Black Prong Property has permanent stabling options across the property that is both attached and detached from our cottages. All stalls are 12′ x 12′ and have solid clay bases with mats, sliding stall doors with windows and a rubber paver isle way.
Enjoy signature cocktails and locally sourced steak and seafood at the Black Prong Bar & Grill. On the weekends, grab lunch and sip on a cold beverage at the tiki bar by the pool.
Explore the Goethe State Forest
Step into an authentic natural Florida landscape when you enter the Goethe State Forest. Made up of longleaf pine flatwoods and swamp basins, this 53,587-acre forest preserves the habitats of many rare wildlife species.
With three direct access points from the Black Prong property, our guests can enjoy picnicking, hiking, bicycling, fishing, wildlife viewing, and equestrian activities in the Goethe Forest.
The Goethe is open during daylight hours and provides hundreds of miles of roads and trails to explore.
Experience the beauty of Florida’s Nature Coast during your stay. Swim in crystal clear rivers, ride through the forest on horseback, snorkel in an underground spring, or zip-line through the canyons.
- 53,000 acres with 100+ miles of trails in Goethe State Forest immediately adjacent to Black Prong
- Homestead Park (18 minutes)
- HITS Ocala (23 minutes)
- World Equestrian Center (34 minutes)
- Blue Grotto (12 minutes)
- Devil’s Den Prehistoric Spring (18 minutes)
- Cedar Lakes Woods & Gardens (19 minutes)
- Cedar Key (45 minutes)
- Crystal River (45 minutes)
- Kirby Family Farm (16 minutes)
- Levy County Quilt Museum (23 minutes)
- Hooked Up Charters (45 minutes)
- Pure Water Wilderness (32 minutes)
- La Chua Trail at Paynes Prairie (47 minutes)
- Big Cypress Tree Hike in the Goethe (23 minutes)
- Sweetwater Wetland Park (39 minutes)
- Rainbow River & Springs (36 minutes)
- Historic Haile Homestead at Kanapaha Plantation in Gainesville (34 minutes)
- Kanapaha Botanical Gardens in Gainesville (39 minutes)
- Morningside Nature Center in Gainesville (46 minutes)
- Devil’s Millhopper Nature Trail in Gainesville (49 minutes)
- World’s Largest Occupied Bat Houses at UF Gainesville (45 minutes)
- Carson Springs Wildlife Conservation Foundation (1 hour)
- Peacock Springs (1.5 hours)
- Butterfly Rainforest (43 minutes)
- Zip the Canyons (36 minutes)
- Two Tails Ranch (24 minutes)